- Security audits ‘not enough’ as losses reach $1.5B in 2023, security professional saysby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on November 29, 2023 at 9:59 am
CertiK co-founder Ronghui Gu told Cointelegraph that it’s “inexcusable” the industry faces continued SIM-swap and multisig failures, as previous incidents already highlighted the issues.
- KyberSwap DEX hacker sends an on-chain message: Be nice, or elseby Cointelegraph By Brayden Lindrea on November 29, 2023 at 4:56 am
The exploiter behind the $46 million KyberSwap hack says they plan to outline a treaty for the potential return of funds on Nov. 30, but not if threats and hostilities from execs keep up.
- Interactive Brokers opens Hong Kong retail crypto trading with OSLby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on November 28, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Hong Kong clients will be able to purchase Bitcoin and Ether in their personal accounts.
- Canaan secures new financing as revenue falls 55% in Q3by Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on November 28, 2023 at 4:07 pm
Despite a downturn in its bottom line, the company has secured a deal with an institutional investor to potentially raise $125 million in capital.
- More foreign banks join China’s CBDC pilot trialsby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on November 28, 2023 at 3:11 pm
A total of four foreign banks have integrated China’s e-CNY CBDC thus far.
- Real AI use cases in crypto, No. 2: AIs can run DAOsby Cointelegraph By Andrew Fenton on November 28, 2023 at 2:30 pm
Genuine, no bullsh*t, hype-free use cases for AI in crypto: How AIs can help run DAOs and make them genuinely autonomous.
- Upbit parent Dunamu’s profits drop 81% in Q3by Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on November 28, 2023 at 1:58 pm
Dunamu reported a net profit of $23 million in the third quarter of 2023, a steep drop compared to the $123 million it earned in Q3 2022.
- Animoca to become TON blockchain’s largest validatorby Cointelegraph By Gareth Jenkinson on November 28, 2023 at 11:54 am
Animoca Brands will invest in the TON blockchain protocol and become its largest validator as it eyes GameFi development on the platform.
- 11th anniversary of Bitcoin’s first halving: From $12 to $37,000by Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on November 28, 2023 at 11:47 am
Bitcoin experienced its first-ever halving 11 years ago today, and since then, it has soared from $12 to its current price of $37,000.
- JPMorgan, Apollo plan for enterprise mainnet, execs revealby Cointelegraph By Arijit Sarkar on November 28, 2023 at 10:52 am
The enterprise mainnet provides the scalability to add applications to a network with a KYC-compliant set of institutional banks, broker-dealers and asset managers.
- What are sniper bots, and how to stop token sniping exploits?by Cointelegraph By Onkar Singh on November 28, 2023 at 9:12 am
Sniper bots are automated tools executing precise actions at specific moments in cryptocurrency and online activities, aiming for strategic advantage.
- Inflows into Bitcoin investment products reach $1.5B year-to-dateby Cointelegraph By Tom Blackstone on November 27, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Inflows into digital asset products rose for a ninth consecutive week, according to CoinShares.
- Crypto exchange grace period to remain unchanged in Hong Kong despite scandalsby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on November 27, 2023 at 3:42 pm
The recent JPEX and Hounax exchange scandals have resulted in losses exceeding $100 million.
- Standard Chartered joins China’s CBDC pilot testingby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on November 27, 2023 at 3:13 pm
The British bank will provide e-CNY CBDC services to clients and explore its future use in China’s financial system.
- Real AI use cases in crypto, No. 1: The best money for AI is cryptoby Cointelegraph By Andrew Fenton on November 27, 2023 at 2:30 pm
No bullsh*t, hype-free use cases for AI and crypto: Crypto is the currency of choice for autonomous AI agents, says Jeremy Allaire & ChatGPT.
- Mainstream approval critical for blockchain games — Gaming execsby Cointelegraph By Stephen Katte on November 27, 2023 at 2:13 pm
Three gaming executives believe mainstream audiences will play a factor in the overall success and future of Web3 games.
- Hopes for a sustainable planet must not ‘melt away’: Guterreson November 27, 2023 at 12:00 pm
World leaders at this week’s climate conference, COP28, must break the deadly cycle of global warming before a “deadly tipping point” is reached, said the UN chief on Monday.
- $750M in locked crypto tokens to be released by Decemberby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on November 27, 2023 at 11:20 am
DYdX, Optimism, 1inch and Aptos are expected to release over $750 million in locked tokens by December, according to data tracker Token Unlocks.
- Crypto miner Hive expands data center operations in Swedenby Cointelegraph By Savannah Fortis on November 27, 2023 at 10:05 am
Hive Digital Technologies has acquired land and a data center to expand its operations in Sweden, house the incoming generation of ASIC servers and increase Bitcoin production.
- Inferno Drainer says it’s shutting down after helping steal $70M in cryptoby Cointelegraph By Jesse Coghlan on November 26, 2023 at 11:58 pm
“We hope you can remember us as the best drainer that has ever existed,” wrote the scam-as-a-service wallet drainer.
- Blast’s marketing approach ‘cheapens the work of a serious team’ — Paradigmby Cointelegraph By Ana Paula Pereira on November 26, 2023 at 8:45 pm
Paradigm, one of Blast’s seed investors, criticized the protocol’s decision to launch a bridge before its layer-2 network and withdraw capability.
- Cosmos Hub greenlights ATOM inflation cut for security boostby Cointelegraph By Amaka Nwaokocha on November 26, 2023 at 12:42 pm
The proposal narrowly passed, with 41.1% of votes for and 38.5% of votes against.
- Hitching a ride to a better future: Sustainable Transport Dayon November 26, 2023 at 12:00 pm
There is an urgent need for a transformative shift towards more sustainable transport the UN chief said on Sunday, emphasizing the importance of cleaner energy to combat climate change.
- BlackRock meets with SEC over ETF, Binance’s new era begins and SBF loses release bid: Hodler’s Digest, Nov. 19-25by Cointelegraph By Editorial Staff on November 25, 2023 at 6:53 pm
BlackRock meets with SEC over Bitcoin ETF, Binance’s new era begins after settlement in the United States and Sam Bankman-Fried loses release bid.
- Decentralized file sharing, explainedby Cointelegraph By Guneet Kaur on November 25, 2023 at 1:20 pm
Decentralized file sharing is a peer-to-peer network system where files are distributed across multiple nodes, eliminating the need for a central server.
- BitMEX co-founder predicts Bitcoin surge amid dollar liquidity riseby Cointelegraph By Amaka Nwaokocha on November 25, 2023 at 11:34 am
Arthur Hayes encouraged fellow Bitcoin enthusiasts to stay focused, highlighting a significant uptick in dollar liquidity.
- Azuki DAO rebrands to ‘Bean’ as it drops lawsuit against founderby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on November 25, 2023 at 10:00 am
The DAO previously proposed a lawsuit against Azuki creator Zagabond over a dilutive $39 million NFT minting that took place in June.
- Blockchain devs expect complications from EU smart contract kill switchby Cointelegraph By Francisco Rodrigues on November 24, 2023 at 2:20 pm
The EU’s Data Act could introduce “kill switch” requirements for smart contracts, raising questions about how decentralized projects would handle such a scenario.
- Hashing It Out: A conversation about spot Bitcoin ETFs and decentralized ETFsby Cointelegraph By Elisha Owusu Akyaw on November 24, 2023 at 1:20 pm
Joel Kuck, CEO of Decentralized ETF, believes that “the big money will come when the institutions come” after the approval of spot Bitcoin ETFs in the United States.
- KyberSwap hacker offers $4.6M bounty for return of $46M lootby Cointelegraph By Arijit Sarkar on November 24, 2023 at 11:29 am
“On the table is a bounty equivalent to 10% of users’ funds taken from them by your hack,” said KyberSwap to its hacker in an on-chain message.