- Bitcoin under threat, El Salvador rejected, Mark Cuban stung, McAfee ‘has nothing’: Hodler’s Digest, June 13–19by Cointelegraph By Editorial Staff on June 19, 2021 at 8:35 pm
- Canada’s Hive Blockchain Technologies approved for Nasdaq listingby Cointelegraph By Andrew Thurman on June 19, 2021 at 4:53 pm
The Canadian miner with a focus on green energy should be available to trade in the coming weeks.
- Smart contracts and the law: Tech developments challenge legal communityby Cointelegraph By Agata Ferreira on June 19, 2021 at 11:13 am
Regulators will be challenged to respond to and address smart contracts, as they represent a cross section of law and technology.
- Beyond the hype: NFTs’ actual value is still to be determinedby Cointelegraph By Kosala Hemachandra on June 19, 2021 at 7:17 am
NFTs present a revolutionary and innovative technology, but their real value has been obscured by hype.
- Perlin (PERL) price gains 100% as the focus on green energy solutions intensifiesby Cointelegraph By Jordan Finneseth on June 19, 2021 at 1:00 am
PERL price defied the marketwide downturn with a 100% rally following the release of an environmentally friendly focused platform that provides users with carbon credits.
- Cointelegraph Consulting: Report pictures a crypto-consumer portraitby Cointelegraph By Cointelegraph Consulting on June 18, 2021 at 7:30 pm
While some have doubts when it comes to cryptocurrencies as a form of payment, this survey of active users indicates that they are genuinely impactful reasons for switching to crypto.
- Has the Doge had its day? Dogecoin interest coolsby Cointelegraph By Greg Thomson on June 18, 2021 at 8:06 am
Interest is falling across several metrics, but can you keep a good Doge down?
- FTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried: Institutions are ‘desperate’ for cryptoby Cointelegraph By Andrew Thurman on June 18, 2021 at 1:03 am
Is SBF going to lobby the government on behalf of crypto? How badly do institutions want in on the blockchain game? When's a moat an impediment to growth, and not a protective shield?
- Shanghai Man: Economist says El Salvador 'on road to death', salaries paid in e-CNY ...by Cointelegraph By Ben Yorke on June 18, 2021 at 12:32 am
Former banking heads question foreign financial policies, workers paid with digital yuan in milestone pilot and a large Series A is closed by DeFi platform SynFutures.
- As NFT market cools, a chance to learn lessons from its explosive growthby Cointelegraph By Connor Sephton on June 17, 2021 at 7:04 pm
What’s next for the NFT industry? Now the heat has escaped the market, there’s an opportunity to tackle some of the obstacles that arose during the sector’s explosive growth.
- Bitcoin first ‘genuinely new asset class’ in 150 years, says Ric Edelmanby Cointelegraph By Osato Avan-Nomayo on June 17, 2021 at 1:07 pm
Financial adviser, Ric Edelman says his colleagues need to get rid of their bias and examine Bitcoin and crypto assets with “open eyes” and “genuine curiosity.”
- South Korean crypto exchanges banned from handling coins they issued themselvesby Cointelegraph By Greg Thomson on June 17, 2021 at 8:29 am
Exchange tokens are falling under the scrutiny of South Korean regulators.
- Bitcoin miners can prove green potential by undergoing ESG ratings checkby Cointelegraph By Rachel Wolfson on June 16, 2021 at 4:34 pm
Bitcoin miners may opt for ESG ratings to prove “greenness” as environmental concerns loom over the entire crypto industry.
- UN chief: Desertification and drought destabilizing well-being of 3.2 billion people on June 16, 2021 at 4:13 pm
Land degradation from climate change and the expansion of agriculture, cities and infrastructure “undermines the well-being of 3.2 billion people”, the UN chief said on Wednesday in his message for World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought.
- Kyber expands to Polygon, announces $30M ‘Rainmaker’ liquidity mining programby Cointelegraph By Osato Avan-Nomayo on June 16, 2021 at 12:55 pm
The Kyber Network is set to float a $30 million liquidity mining program on both Ethereum and Polygon pools.
- New DAO launches after $230M funding round including Peter Thiel, Alan Howardby Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on June 16, 2021 at 9:59 am
A new decentralized autonomous organization, BitDAO, announced its launch with a $230 million private sale and major contributions from Singapore-based Bybit.
- Crypto fan tokens a mixed bag for game-deprived soccer fansby Cointelegraph By Greg Thomson on June 16, 2021 at 7:06 am
The COVID-19 lockdown incentivized sporting organizations to adopt fan tokens, but how useful are they for supporters?
- 'Tiger King' star and convicted animal abuser Joe Exotic to launch NFT from prisonby Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on June 15, 2021 at 1:49 pm
The "Official Tiger King NFT” auction will kick off on major nonfungible token marketplace Mintable on Friday.
- Another first for Polkadot as Kusama council approves first parachain slot auctionby Cointelegraph By Osato Avan-Nomayo on June 15, 2021 at 1:12 pm
The first Kusama parachain slot auction will now commence and is set to run for the next week.
- B.Protocol announces v2 platform for DeFi liquidationsby Cointelegraph By Osato Avan-Nomayo on June 15, 2021 at 11:43 am
B.Protocol says v2 will optimize liquidations of “big debt” with significantly smaller capital requirements on decentralized finance lending platforms.
- Is DeFi technology easy enough to adapt to non-finance industries?by Cointelegraph By Connor Sephton on June 14, 2021 at 5:49 pm
DeFi gets a bad rap for being complex, technology makes it simple enough to cut out middlemen in non-finance industries ranging from energy to e-commerce.
- China debuts blockchain-based digital yuan salary payments in Xiong’anby Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on June 14, 2021 at 11:39 am
China reportedly implemented the country’s first blockchain-powered digital yuan transactions in the Xiong’an New Area.
- Block.one free to focus on $10B crypto business after lawsuit settlementsby Cointelegraph By Osato Avan-Nomayo on June 14, 2021 at 9:59 am
With legal troubles seemingly behind the company, Block.one could set its sights on finally making a significant dent in the crypto and blockchain space.
- How the NFT market leveraged blockchain tech for explosive growthby Cointelegraph By Tatiana Revoredo on June 13, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Nonfungible tokens present a new way of interacting with the arts, music, sports and the media — and even more.
- Digital turns physical: Top NFT galleries to visit in-person in 2021by Cointelegraph By Emily Tonelli on June 13, 2021 at 9:37 am
Nine in-person NFT galleries and exhibitions have already opened or are set to open this year, and one could be near you.
- DeFi will bring global revolution to the traditional finance spaceby Cointelegraph By Neeraj Khandelwal on June 13, 2021 at 7:11 am
DeFi has marked the birth of an open alternative to the current financial system, promising broader financial inclusivity.
- A new milestone for Bitcoin, COVID hits conference, Buterin’s DOGE payday: Hodler’s Digest, June 6–12by Cointelegraph By Editorial Staff on June 12, 2021 at 6:25 pm
- Bitcoin Taproot upgrade finally locked-in, activation set for Novemberby Cointelegraph By Osato Avan-Nomayo on June 12, 2021 at 12:51 pm
With Taproot achieving the 90% critical consensus mark among mining nodes, all is now set for Bitcoin soft fork activation later in November.
- Pronouncements from the G7 allow green fintech to flourishby Cointelegraph By Selva Ozelli on June 12, 2021 at 7:17 am
Sustainability and the need to lessen climate change amid the COVID-19 pandemic have become the global economic agenda.
- An NFT of the photo that inspired Dogecoin just sold for $4Mby Cointelegraph By Benjamin Pirus on June 11, 2021 at 9:00 pm
That picture of a dog staring into the camera in formal posture.. you know, the one that sparked the Doge meme? Someone just sold it for millions in Ether.