- Bitcoin’s comeback, XRP doubles in a week, Coinbase’s big profits: Hodler’s Digest, April 4–10by Cointelegraph By Editorial Staff on April 10, 2021 at 8:08 pm
- How NFTs, DeFi and Web 3.0 are intertwinedby Cointelegraph By Nitin Gaur on April 10, 2021 at 4:13 pm
Explosive growth in asset tokenization and NFTs is fueling Web 3.0 growth, and testing DeFi resolve.
- All that mined is not green: Bitcoin’s carbon footprint hard to estimateby Cointelegraph By Gareth Jenkinson on April 10, 2021 at 1:37 pm
The impact of BTC mining on the environment has turned into a debate — here’s what academics think and if “green Bitcoin” is possible.
- How the digital yuan stablecoin impacts crypto in China: Experts answerby Cointelegraph By Max Yakubowski on April 10, 2021 at 11:24 am
Here’s what crypto and blockchain industry experts from China think about the digital yuan and how it has affected the blockchain space.
- FIL on the rise: Filecoin’s upcoming production cut alters tokenomicsby Cointelegraph By Anirudh Tiwari on April 10, 2021 at 9:47 am
Filecoin’s sudden rise to the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market cap, however brief, points to its potential as it’s driven by community in China.
- DeFi’s critical missing piece: Credit scoresby Cointelegraph By Rafael Cosman on April 10, 2021 at 7:17 am
Traditional finance is built not on collateral but on reputation, and DeFi will grow by following suit.
- Enterprise-level partnerships send VeChain (VET) price to new highsby Cointelegraph By Jordan Finneseth on April 10, 2021 at 12:44 am
Real-world use cases and enterprise-level partnerships are just a few factors behind VeChain’s recent breakout to a new all-time high.
- SingularityNET (AGI) rallies 1,000% as industries aim to merge AI with blockchainby Cointelegraph By Jordan Finneseth on April 9, 2021 at 10:00 pm
The price of SingularityNET's AGI token has been on the move as DeFi capabilities, cross-chain integrations and layer-two functionality drive demand higher.
- NFT gaming and a tsunami of trading volume lift Waves to a new all-time highby Cointelegraph By Jordan Finneseth on April 9, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Waves price swelled to a new all-time high as NFT airdrops and exchange listings attracted new users to the project’s growing ecosystem.
- Paxful denies reports of customer data leakby Cointelegraph By Benjamin Pirus on April 9, 2021 at 7:37 pm
A spokesperson from the crypto trading platform clarified that no leaks pertained to sensitive customer info.
- UN chief welcomes IMF and World Bank measures to address COVID-related debt crisison April 9, 2021 at 6:16 pm
The UN Secretary-General on Friday welcomed steps announced by the International Monetary and Finance Committee (IMFC) and the World Bank Group Development Committee, to address debt crises and other financial distress to economies arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, “as a sign of hope and renewed multilateralism.”
- Terrorists still raise money through crypto, but the impact is limitedby Cointelegraph By Andrew Singer on April 9, 2021 at 4:37 pm
Evidence suggests crypto’s role in terrorism remains relatively minor: “It has not yet become a primary means of terror financing.”
- Cointelegraph Consulting: Deep diving with Ethereum whalesby Cointelegraph By Cointelegraph Consulting on April 9, 2021 at 1:54 pm
The 10-largest Ethereum whales have accumulated roughly $10 billion, but their investment behavior suggests some are still hungry.
- Can a digital pound CBDC retake London’s financial hub status post-Brexit?by Cointelegraph By Greg Thomson on April 9, 2021 at 11:58 am
Could a digital pound accelerate Britain’s growth post-Brexit and retake London’s status as the European financial hub?
- Ebang refutes Bitcoin ‘China Hustle’ claims as share price falls 20%by Cointelegraph By Greg Thomson on April 9, 2021 at 9:40 am
A Nasdaq-traded Chinese Bitcoin mining firm has seen its shares fall 20% after a damning short report unveiled some alleged dodgy dealings.
- Our Man in Shanghai: Scandal as $45M of stolen government funds allegedly lost on 100x leverageby Cointelegraph By Ben Yorke on April 9, 2021 at 3:48 am
The chief marketing officer a blockchain security company has been charged with embezzlement; Peter Thiel calls Bitcoin a ‘weapon’ of China (but no one cares); and CZ’s net worth rises to $1.9 billion.
- Exchange tokens rally ahead of next week’s Coinbase Nasdaq listingby Cointelegraph By Jordan Finneseth on April 8, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Binance Coin, WazirX and KuCoin Token have notched double-digit gains after centralized exchanges added lucrative staking opportunities and quickly listed new DeFi tokens.
- How will Sora’s price perform after the launch of Polkaswap?by Cointelegraph By Cointelegraph Consulting on April 8, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Polkaswap leads the race to become the first decentralized exchange for Polkadot-based digital assets.
- DeFi’s money markets are finally luring in institutional investorsby Cointelegraph By Anupam Varshney on April 8, 2021 at 6:44 pm
The explosive growth of DeFi’s money markets over the last few years has finally gotten the attention of institutional investors.
- Vesta Equity and Algorand breathe new life into real estate tokenizationby Cointelegraph By Sam Bourgi on April 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Vesta's new platform gives homeowners the ability to convert equity into digital assets that can then be sold to accredited investors without compounding interest.
- Citi and IADB complete cross-border payment pilot with blockchain techby Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on April 8, 2021 at 12:21 pm
IADB disbursed tokenized funds to a recipient in the Dominican Republic using the LACChain blockchain network.
- Atari creates new blockchain division amid leadership shuffleby Cointelegraph By Osato Avan-Nomayo on April 8, 2021 at 11:57 am
The video game giant says the new blockchain division will focus on leveraging the novel tech for decentralized gaming.
- Tesla’s landlord accepts crypto — Will Elon Musk pay rent in Bitcoin?by Cointelegraph By Greg Thomson on April 8, 2021 at 7:37 am
Elon Musk will accumulate Bitcoin, but will he spend it? The Tesla CEO now has the chance to pay his rent in BTC following its adoption by the real-estate firm he uses.
- Youth Forum: UN chief calls for ‘tangible improvements’ in the face of injustice, poor governanceon April 7, 2021 at 5:42 pm
Leaders across the world need to “move beyond platitudes” about young people, and deliver a better future for them all, Secretary-General António Guterres told the 10th Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum on Wednesday.
- Crypto at risk after Facebook leak: Here’s how hackers can exploit databy Cointelegraph By Shiraz Jagati on April 7, 2021 at 3:24 pm
Attacks on digital asset exchanges and trading platforms have decreased drastically in recent years, but data leaks still leave users vulnerable.
- $400M African fertilizer deal executed on blockchain eases COVID-19 slowdownby Cointelegraph By Greg Thomson on April 7, 2021 at 12:29 pm
Some companies are using blockchain technology to open up the logistics routes that COVID-19 has closed down.
- Football star Tom Brady to launch his own NFT platformby Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on April 7, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Autograph will target some of the world's biggest names in sports, entertainment, fashion and pop culture.
- Jump Trading invests in sports fan token ecosystem Chilizby Cointelegraph By Marie Huillet on April 7, 2021 at 10:20 am
Chicago-based high-frequency trading firm Jump Trading has made an investment in sports fan token platform Chiliz.
- Are we just scratching the surface when it comes to what NFTs are capable of?by Cointelegraph By Connor Sephton on April 7, 2021 at 9:33 am
Counterfeiting, piracy and copyright infringement are all big problems in the digital realm. Could turning products into NFTs help solve some of these issues?
- Sweden’s central bank completes first phase of digital currency pilotby Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on April 7, 2021 at 9:11 am
The Sveriges Riksbank said that CBDC technology still requires further investigation.